Who we are
At WS Audiology, we provide innovative hearing aids and hearing health services.
Together with our 12,000 colleagues in 130 countries, we invite you to help unlock human potential by bringing back hearing for millions of people around the world. With us, you will become part of a truly global company where we care for one another, welcome diversity and celebrate our successes.
Sounds wonderful? Then keep on reading
You will form part of our dedicated in-house Service repair team. The team consists of 8 team members, your main responsibility will be to assess, troubleshoot and repair all technical aspects of our products.
Under the general supervision of the Technical Support Manager, the successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be to carry out hearing aid repairs as well as tests to determine the functionality of the hearing aids. The candidate will then be expected to make the necessary recommendations thereafter, in conformity with the company's strict compliance guidelines and standards for Repair. You will also be required to work closely with the rest of the WSA team. You will be expected to be able to work in a highly-pressurised environment at a fast pace, with continuous growth and learning opportunities. You will report to our Service repair manager.
As our new Service repair technician:
Main responsibilities and tasks e.g.
- Examining hearing aids and identifying why the device is no longer working and then repairing the device.
- Assessing the problem or damage of a device and implementing solutions for it to function again.
- Provide technical support and troubleshoot with internal team members.
- Uphold a high standard of cleanliness and organization to ensure that the work environment is always orderly and safe.
- Detail-orientated, organized, and able to follow guidelines and procedures.
- Reading repair manuals
- Excellent Corporate Communication skills including ability to communicate your findings to team members and record keeping of findings on our system.
- Always adhering to the requirements and prescriptions of the Quality Management Policy as described in the Quality Management Manual.
To be successful in the role as our new Service repair technician,
You will need to have a friendly personality with good communication skills. You will need to be able to work as part of a team as well independently. You must be a quick learner, fast and efficient with a sense of urgency as well as a good problem solver.
To summarize, we are hoping to see the following qualifications in you:
- N4 – N 6 Electrical qualification
- 1-3 Years work experience in a similar role
- Product and industry knowledge is an advantage
- The corporate language is English, so you need to have professional proficiency in both verbal and written.
What we would like to offer you
The working environment at WS Audiology is informal with helpful and skilled colleagues. Our values focus on teamwork across functions, pioneering as well as having the passion to make an impact. So, if you can see yourself in those values, you will fit right in.
The benefits we can offer include a competitive base salary, medical contributions, pension contributions and KPI based bonus structure.
Sounds wonderful? Join us
Please submit your CV (or other documents) as soon as possible. We will screen and invite candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis, but the latest deadline is 22 September 2023. In case you have any questions, you are more than welcome to contact Welmarie Oosthuizen at firstname.lastname@example.org
WS Audiology is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.